Synthetic Fabrics Knitting
Sonic Italia provides various types of ultrasonic synthetic fabrics knitting systems. This technology requires a lot less energy than traditional seaming methods. They employ a series of rotating rollers to bond materials together, since this process does not require the use of any glues or mechanical fasteners.
Fill the contact form above if you wish a free consultancy from our experts.
How does synthetic fabrics knitting work
Fabrics bonding with ultrasounds allows to knit two or more layers of synthetic materials by placing between a vibrating sonotrode and a contrast roller. The latter is usually made out of tempered steel with a specific pattern on its surface, following the technical features of the materials that need to be welded and the production speed.
The vibrating horn’s high frequency mechanical movement and the compression force between it and the drum generate frictional heat when in contact with the synthetic fabric. This provides the final knitted product with a higher grade of softness, breathability and absorption. These are the main properties of synthetic fabrics knitting, often employed in manufacturing hospital gowns, diapers and other common applications in the medical and environment cleaning industries.
Visit our dedicated page and ask for a free consultancy by filling out the form.
Further information about bonding
Visit our YouTube Channel to watch Sonic Italia’s numerous applications.
Find out more about synthetic fabrics knitting by browsing our website. Here you can find a presentation of our company and information about our products. You can also contact Sonic Italy directly, we will be more than glad to answer all your questions.
Do you wish to get free advice from our experienced staff? Fill the contact form.
- Food cuttingThe right solution for clean, precise food portioning.
- Hermetical sealing Friction generates localized heat through molecular movement, which seals two plastic films at a contact point.
- Sewing machines This process allows you to seam, cut, slit, trim, tack, emboss, or cut and seal simultaneously.
- Ultrasonic cutterUltrasonic cutter: the fastest, most efficient and cleanest solution for cutting synthetic fabrics.
- Ultrasonic tools Tools for customized cutting and welding solutions.
- Manual handgrip Manual handgrip.
- Manure Belt Welder Discover more about our manual welder designed for manure and egg conveyor belts.
- Sealing for films and fabrics This method has countless applications in the clothing, nonwovens, packaging and textile industries.
- RivetingInsertion of a threaded brass rivet within a plastic component.
- Ultrasonic bladesSonic Italia's mechanical department develops blades of all shapes and designs.
- Ultrasonic linear and circular weaving looms cutterUltrasonic linear and weaving cutter. Ideal for manufacturing rafia products.
- Ultrasonic punchingPunching solutions for plastic, acrylics and filtration fabrics.
- Rotative Bonding System For Pleated Filters An environmentally friendly bonding system designed for pleated filters that doesn't require solvents or adhesives.
- Ultrasonic sonotrodeThirty years’ experience in manufacturing customized sonotrodes.
- Ultrasonic Spot Welding Available in both in automated and manual options.
- Stud weldingThis is the common choice when similar plastic parts need to be welded at single point or multiple separate joints.