Ultrasonic Stud Welding
Ultrasonic stud welding is the recommended option whenever similar plastic parts need to be welded in a single or multiple points without calling for seam soldering.
Whenever a resin selection, the size of the part of its complexity may inhibit the use of other methods, ultrasonics provide a feasible solution.
Ultrasonic technology is widely employed in stud welding. An oversized stud is ultrasonically driven into a hole, and binding occurs along the circumference of the stud; the weld strength is related to stud diameter and depth.
Maximum tensile strength is achieved when depth of the weld is equal to half the diameter of the set stud.
This method can be used to lock two dissimilar stud materials in a specific place.
A stud can be moulded into one part or in various separate pieces.
If you wish to get a free consultation about stud bonding, Fill in the form above.
Basic Guidelines for ultrasonic Stud Welding
- Low pressure / power
- Higher Amplitude
- If the stud is small, it is easier to weld it with ultrasounds
Visit ourYoutube Channel if you want to see Sonic Italia’s equipment for stud fastening and in other applications.
More Information about Stud Welding Machines
If you have additional questions about our stud welding systems, do not hesitate to contact us. We will gladly answer any question you may have. Plus, you may learn more browsing our website featuring our vast product and research range.
If you wish to get a free consultation, Fill in the form above.
- Nonwovens seamingSolutions for nonwovens and other synthetic fabrics. Materials can be either 100% acrylics or blends.
- Plastics assembly systemsThis method is chosen when high aesthetic quality and production speeds are required.
- Bonding a ultrasuoniCustomized bonding solutions for fabrics and nonwovens.
- Ultrasonic cuttingSonic Italia manufactures state of the art machinery for all industrial needs.
- Food cutting The right solution for clean, precise food portioning.
- Hermetical sealingFriction generates localized heat through molecular movement, which seals two plastic films at a contact point.
- Sewing machinesThis process allows you to seam, cut, slit, trim, tack, emboss, or cut and seal simultaneously.
- Portioning machineIntegrated systems for semi and fully automatic food portioners.
- Ultrasonic slittingThe most efficient solution for a clean cut synthetic textiles that prevents unraveling.
- Ultrasonic tools Tools for customized cutting and welding solutions.
- Ultrasonic welding Find out more about Sonic Italia’s energy directors’ development technology.
- Handheld Ultrasonic WelderManeuverable hand held tool for plastics spot welding.
- Manure Belt WelderDiscover more about our manual welder designed for manure and egg conveyor belts.
- Sealing for films and fabricsThis method has countless applications in the clothing, nonwovens, packaging and textile industries.
- Riveting Insertion of a threaded brass rivet within a plastic component.
- Ultrasonic blades Sonic Italia’s mechanical department develops blades of all shapes and designs.
- Raffia weaving cutter Linear and circular loom. Ideal for manufacturing raffia products.
- Ultrasonic Punching Punching solutions for plastic, acrylics and filtration fabrics.
- Rotative Bonding System For Pleated FiltersAn environmentally friendly bonding system designed for pleated filters that doesn’t require solvents or adhesives.
- Ultrasonic Sonotrodes Thirty years’ experience in manufacturing customized sonotrodes.
- Ultrasonic Spot Welding Available in both in automated and manual options.
- Stud WeldingThis is the common choice when similar plastic parts need to be welded at single point or multiple separate joints.
- Ultrasonic linear and circular weaving looms cutterUltrasonic linear and weaving cutter. Ideal for manufacturing rafia products.