Ultrasonic punching is a widespread process employed in automated assembly lines, particularly in the automotive industry. Our ultrasonic punching machines guarantee a constant, precise result. As you can see in the embedded video, the punching process allows to obtain a ribbing effect in the paint with the assistance of a special sonotrode.
Sonic Italia is a market leader of ultrasonic technology, manufacturing high quality, innovative machinery and providing an extensive product range to cover all possible needs.
Fill the contact form above if you want a free consultation by our team of experts.
Discover more about ultrasonic punching techniques
Ultrasonic punching is a particularly useful technique for the following activities:
- Shearing and brazing of painted bumpers – this extremely accurate solution is used to punch parking sensor holes, sidecar markers etc.
- Punching and sealing is used in the textile industries with thermoplastics;
- Puncturing and welding is especially popular for filtration purposes.
Unlike with other methods, it is possible to achieve perfect results with ultrasonic punching every time by developing sonotrodes and anvils with customized shapes.
Sonic Italia produces such components and is capable of checking their frequency and amplitude using specialized software (F.E.A.).
It is also possible to configure one-step punching and binding by combining both operations. For example, it offers the possibility to shear multilayered fabrics in the textile industry, providing a perfect aesthetic and quality result all the time.
Visit our YouTube channel to watch Sonic Italia’s multiple options.
More information on ultrasonic punching and Sonic Italia
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have further questions regarding our punching methods.
We will gladly clear your doubts.
You can also find out more by browsing our website. Here you can find a presentation of our vast product assortment.
Do you want free advice from our staff? Fill the form above.
- Nonwovens seamingSolutions for nonwovens and other synthetic fabrics. Materials can be either 100% acrylics or blends.
- Plastics assembly systemsThis method is chosen when high aesthetic quality and production speeds are required.
- Synthetic fabric weavingCustomized bonding solutions for fabrics and nonwovens.
- Ultrasonic cuttingSonic Italia manufactures state of the art machinery for all industrial needs.
- Food cuttingThe right solution for clean, precise food portioning.
- Hermetical sealing Friction generates localized heat through molecular movement, which seals two plastic films at a contact point.
- Sewing machines This process allows you to seam, cut, slit, trim, tack, emboss, or cut and seal simultaneously.
- Ultrasonic cutterUltrasonic cutter: the fastest, most efficient and cleanest solution for cutting synthetic fabrics.
- Ultrasonic tools Tools for customized cutting and welding solutions.
- Manual handgrip Manual handgrip.
- Manure Belt Welder Discover more about our manual welder designed for manure and egg conveyor belts.
- Sealing for films and fabrics This method has countless applications in the clothing, nonwovens, packaging and textile industries.
- RivettaturaInsertion of a threaded brass rivet within a plastic component.
- Ultrasonic bladesSonic Italia’s mechanical department develops blades of all shapes and designs.
- Ultrasonic linear and circular weaving looms cutterUltrasonic linear and weaving cutter. Ideal for manufacturing rafia products.
- PunchingPunching solutions for plastic, acrylics and filtration fabrics.
- Rotative Bonding System For Pleated Filters An environmentally friendly bonding system designed for pleated filters that doesn’t require solvents or adhesives.
- Ultrasonic sonotrodeThirty years’ experience in manufacturing customized sonotrodes.
- Ultrasonic Spot Welding Available in both in automated and manual options.
- Stud weldingThis is the common choice when similar plastic parts need to be welded at single point or multiple separate joints.