Ultrasonic Textile Cutting and Welding
Do you want a free consultancy from our team of experts? Fill the form above.
How does ultrasonic textile cutting and welding work
When performing cutting on thermoplastic textiles, the edges need to be welded at the same time.
Edge welding of fabrics prevents thread unraveling, while smooth, bevelled edges prevent the accumulation of the laminated textile materials. When two or more layers are cut together, they fuse with each other, creating a single surface. Welding strength depends on the textile materials and anvil’s geometry. Numerous factors influence the speed in which fabrics can be cut using ultrasonics.
Visit our YouTube channel to watch Sonic Italia’s multiple industrial applications.
A few examples would include the geometry of the anvil, plus the materials’ composition, weight and thickness. These textile cutting and welding solutions can be manual for small-scale manufacturing or semi and fully automated. The latter can be installed into larger assembly lines.
Following a careful study of the fabrics, including laboratory tests, we can propose standard or customized solutions.
Go to our dedicated page and ask for free advice by filling out our contact form.
Further information about Sonic Italia
Sonic Italia boasts thirty years of experience in the development of ultrasonic technologies, offering its own technical staf and laboratory to perform tests on your samples.
Our staff is highly qualified to develop dedicated and custom-made technical and applicative solutions. These can range from standard machinery to semi or fully automated systems.
Do not hesitate to contact us and fix an appointment with one of our representatives or visit us at our headquarters in Milan.
Do you wish to get a free consultation from our expert staff? Fill the contact form above.
- Food slicing The choice for portioning food in a clean, precise way.
- Ultrasonic blades Our mechanical department produces blades of all shapes and designs.
- Riveting Insertion of a threaded brass rivet within a plastic component.
- Generators Sonic Italia produces ultrasonic resonators since 1987.
- Plastics welding Short times, immediate results and perfect aesthetics of the welded product.
- Manure Belt Welder Discover more about our manual welder designed for manure and egg conveyor belts.